03 July 2007

40 Days & 40 Nights

 Recently, Conner was given a set of Giant Cardboard Building Blocks as a birthday gift.

(I tried to upload the pic, but it wouldn't work... to be worked on later.... maybe...)
 
As he loves anything I can build and he can knock over, I thought these would surely be another fun gift that I wouldn't mind if he destroyed (as it is inevitable). The gift came from Conner's Aunt and Uncle from Chicago. Normally, Auntie Ann gives wonderful presents which are thoughtful and useful for a taste-changing toddler. However, this time she failed in the worse way.

A 40-piece set of cardboard blocks seems harmless, right? SO WRONG! Every single gigantic cardboard slice of h-e-double hockey sticks must be put together by hand. Without clear instructions. One by one. 

I knew when the box arrived this would be a severe case of "assembly required", but I wasn't expecting to spend hours upon hours of back breaking labor just to tediously piece these together. And FORTY of them. Whoa.

I appreciate the gift, really I do.... but if you are gifting something to an anxious toddler that won't rest till every present is opened and assembled AND to a mom that is nearly 4 months pregnant... PLEASE OH PLEASE check to see how much assembly is required. And if you still want to give the gift that requires you to take a holiday just to put it together, at least assemble it yourself and then wrap or deliver.

.... Pictures of Conner's Bday Bash pending the search and rescue of the USB cord to the digi camera....



1 comment:

  1. hahahahahahaha! IF I SEE THOSE AT AIDENS BDAY I WILL GET YOU

    ReplyDelete

Comments! I LOVE Comments!

I Blog For...

BirminghamMommy