09 October 2007

Because I like to share

My mom gave me this recipe along with a cookbook for Christmas in 2003. I know so because she kindly wrote that on the inside cover, thanks mom. We often refer to the cookbook and all added recipes by the name "the best cookbook, eva", and rightfully so. I recently rediscovered this Breakfast Casserole recipe and made it for the family, as Michael loves it and I figured it'd be a great way to get Conner to eat eggs. So, please try it and enjoy!

Breakfast Casserole:
6 eggs
1 cup milk + 1/2 stick melted butter (I use just a smidge less butter)
1 cup grated Cheddar cheese (I use a little more)
1 lb. sausage or bacon, cooked and drained (I prefer the bacon and I cook it a little on the crispy side as the casserole process softens it a bit)
3 cups frozen has browns

Line an 8x8 glass baking dish with the frozen hash browns. Sprinkle with chopped sausage or bacon. Mix together egg, milk and butter and pour mixture over meat and potatos (I prefer adding a dash of salt and pepper to this step). Top with cheese. Cook at 350 for 45 minutes (a little more depending on your oven.. my mom says it takes her an hour). BEST if prepared the night before and refrigerated before cooking. This allows everything to merry together.

It's really super simple. I usually find myself cooking off the bacon whenever I know I'll be making the casserole soon, say a few days before... whatever is easiest and for when I find myself in the kitchen.

Bon Appetite!
blog comments powered by Disqus

I Blog For...

BirminghamMommy