28 October 2008

Turmoil from my Laundry Room: A Rant

This post will probably be me whining, but hey, if Conner can do it then sign me up. Oh, the WHINING. I am beginning to wonder if I got a degree in How To Make the AntiChrist in Small Child Form INSTEAD of Advertising because OH LET ME TELL YOU I want to write a NASTY, NASTY letter to all the buttholes who make commercials for children look SO FUN in the "IHAVETOHAVEITNOW" kind of fashion. Every. Freakin. Commercial. "I want THAT!" ... "I WANT THAT NOW!"..."But I NEEEEEEEDDD! IT"..."I NEEEEEEED IT NOOOOOOOW!"

*Shoots self in face*

He even wants the girlie stuff because it's obviously just as much of a slammin' good time since it's marketed in between Batman crap and some stuff that'll surely stain my carpet and end up in the Toys We Don't Touch Place in the top of my pantry.

My REAL reasons for blogging is that I just spent an HOUR sorting. Then folding. Then hanging. Then categorizing things that are too summer-esque and moving them to The Back of The Closet. Then moving things that are now Chase's size across the hall. Then discovering goldfish in my laundry basket and eating them because I CAN. Then hearing the beeping noise echoing from my laundry room to inform me that "It's TIME to DO MORE!! COME GET US!!".

*Shoots what's left of my face from missing the first time since I was distracted by OH! RACE CARS! THAT MAKE NOISE!* Ugh.

Scratch the whole advertising thing making my toddler/preschooler/precious angel face into the AntiChrist.. LAUNDRY IS SATAN!

AND IT DOESN'T END!

And apparently, It has to get worse because boys are gross. And make messes. And don't clean up without assistance. No matter how old they get. And then they sweat... in their clothes... that I WASH. AND FOLD. AND PUT AWAY! Only for them to DO IT AGAIN... for the NEXT CENTURY!

The Angst.

I think I'll go catchup on The Hills now and try to start that episode of Grey's I missed due to Conner's mad skillz.

Yay.

3 comments:

  1. ... you might not wanna have any more kids ...

    ... you think laundry's bad NOW !


    ohhhhhhh, laundry... it is my enemy. There is ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS at least two loads of laundry in a basket and a load in the washer and a load in the dryer. Always. And when do I have time to do laundry? When I should be sleeping.

    I feel your pain. And agree.

    Laundry=Satan

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's SUCH A WASTE OF TIME!
    And TO THINK my mother-in-law IRONS blows my mind. She obsessively ironed all 3 of her children's (2 boys, 1 girl) AND husband's things for the past 30 years. And not just normal ironing things -like the Sunday dress- but UNDERSHIRTS AND BOXERS!! That's a special kind of crazy!

    No extra munckins for me. The laundry would surely break my soul.

    ReplyDelete

Comments! I LOVE Comments!

I Blog For...

BirminghamMommy