03 February 2009

Dear Girl Scouts of America...

Dear Girl Scouts of America,


I understand that purchasing your deliciously sinful Thin Mint cookies once a year creates a terrific ad campaign. It keeps me yearning for your tasty treats year-after-year, just waiting for a little girl in a green sash to coming knocking on my door. But sadly, GSofA, I only have one freezer. And to be frank, I don't think it's ok to throw out my 3-year-old's Tyson Chicken Fries and all of our "bought on sale" meats just to make more room for the additional 35 boxes of Thin Mint cookies I've purchased, but don't think I haven't considered it.


I wasn't actively looking to replace you ... my inner Cookie Monster was, but me? No.. promise.


So, when I hung out in the cookie aisle at Publix for 20 minutes stumbled upon Publix Brand Fudge Mint Cookie Squares I have to admit, I was skeptical. There's no way they could possibly taste just like my beloved Thin Mints, right? Oh, little Amanda, you'd be wrong. Dead wrong.


Please don't hate me for betraying you my fellow Girl Scouts. I've done my time going door-to-door, begging people to just accept their inner obesity and Eat More Cookies. I've been to Savannah, GA. I've visited the coveted home of our founding Mother, Juliet Gordon Lowe. I really do hate what I've done.

But no matter how guilty I feel after consuming one entire package of your replacement substitute in no more than 2 1/2 days, I've got to tell you ... I'm going back for more tonight. They taste the EXACT SAME I TELL YOU! AND I DON'T HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEM! They fulfill me in ways you've failed to in the past. Maybe you just weren't that into me...

I will promise to still buy a few boxes of your over priced Thin Mints when the annual duty calls, but just know yours aren't the only delicious chocolaty wafer covered in a thin fudgey mint hard shell chilling in my refrigerator (because that's the only way to eat a faux-Thin Mint).



Just don't egg my house.


With Love,
Amanda

P.S. - They look exactly like this:



This isn't my picture, but one I found on google. I'll take a picture of the packaging when I get home tonight. I can't promise they won't be opened though...

And I mean, can you blame me? They are HALF the cost of Girl Scout Thin Mints!

4 comments:

  1. oooooh, good advice. I love me some thin mints. You are SUCH a bad influence, stealing money out of the pockets of the Girl Scouts.

    I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK.

    so this totally has nothing to do with thin mints, but ...

    My favorites are the ones that come in The Purple Box. You know, with caramel and coconut and yummy chocolate drizzle ...

    Not sure if you noticed, but they recently were renamed...

    Yup. The "Samoas" are now "Caramel Delights" ... Apparently the Samoan Indians didn't enjoy being labeled as delicious and addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Staci - Your comment had me LAUGH OUT LOUD ... which would've been awesome had I not of been nursing a child to sleep...
    ;-)

    I wouldn't mind it if you labeled me delicious and addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for that. I will have to go to Publix now.

    ReplyDelete

Comments! I LOVE Comments!

I Blog For...

BirminghamMommy