20 May 2009

This Crack is Brought To You By Nickelodeon...


As if my kids weren't fixated enough on the Crack/LSD otherwise known as Yo! Gabba Gabba




Nickelodeon would like to proudly introduce The Jump Arounds






This mind-numbing, coma inducing song-and-dance group a-la High School Musical, but kinda younger and 14 times creepier, is taking over our children (well, my children) faster than Swine Flu on a pig farm in a rural Mexican town.

Ugh.

I don't GET IT. It's JUST choreographed singing and dancing with kinda gay "well dressed" (i.e. - matching) guys and girls who sound 30, look 20 and dress like they are 12. What happened to kids loving cartoons and puppets? Isn't Hannah Montana enough? 

Why can't they just stick to whatever brand of LSD they use to make my kids stop! dead! still! to watch Yo! Crappa Crappa Yo! Gabba Gabba. THAT, although I hate it, can deal with - they are puppets with poorly animated (ON PURPOSE, I don't get it... really) segways. 


WHATEVER.

So, thanks Nick. Can't we go back to the ice cream man being the drug dealer? I'm thinking that was just as effective in KILLING MY KIDS BRAINS, and ... a heckavalot better on my nerves.

5 comments:

  1. Caroline's favorite show is NCIS - she loves to dance to the theme song - I'm really not looking forward to the kiddie shows. A friend once put on a "Wiggles" tape for her 3 and 5 year olds and I nearly had a seizure. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 2yo LOVES those kids now, too!

    Yo Gabba Gabba isn't just crack - I have long described it as the result of a bad acid trip!

    Thank God our favorites are still Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Wow Wow Wubbzy (which is its own bit of madness).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.. Ah the joys of not having cable.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have something for you on my site!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, the crazy stuff on tv these days that put the kids in a trance!! Don't get it but it definitely helps out when I need to clean the house!! ;-)

    Amanda...do we know each other? I feel like we do...or either have some mutual acquaintances???

    :-) Just trying to make the connection if there is one...i don't put it past my hormonal brain to make something up though! haha

    ReplyDelete

Comments! I LOVE Comments!

I Blog For...

BirminghamMommy