20 October 2009

Not A Super Fun Post, But A Start

My mom is nothing short of hounding me about this... and apparently, God is trying to pester me as well..
Yes. God CAN pester you about your blog.
TOTALLY possible.
Swear.

God hearts blogs, too. You should see his Google Reader. Bananas.

PS - if God can follow my blog, you should too... it's only right.

I should probably clarify how God is 'bothering' me about my blog. Yesterday, I got my first check from BlogHer for my ad space. It was kinda a kick in the bottom that I should at least TRY to publish something even though I keep thinking about it and then I hesitate like whoa.

So yeah. Bloggy blog.

We went to the Alabama game (Homecoming vs. another SEC team (dumb idea whoever made that call), South Carolina). It was fabulousness covered in awesomesauce.

92,000+ people packed out Bryant-Denny.








The whole town was incredibly crowded (in the best kind of way) and we made it just in time for the end of the Homecoming parade. JUST in time to see Michael's fraternity showcase(?) 3 pledges walking naked in the parade covered by merely a blue barrel with the frat's letters painted on the front. Yeah...

We also attempted to find a friend of mine (Donya, see the  Pitter Pat House logo to the left...) about 10 minutes before the team and Coach Saban were to arrive at the stadium, so we were stopped to try and catch a glimpse of Saban and LORD DID WE.

It was 11 kinds of amazing.

No, make that 12 - one for each National Championship.

Eh. Wait..

MAKE THAT 13 FOR THE NEXT ONE!

We managed to get about 10 feet from him and I'm not going to lie... it was exactly like seeing Jesus.
Except that I haven't seen Jesus. But, I have now seen Saban... so... yeah... I WIN.

It was freezing. I got new boots (drooooooooool). We won. Alabama is now ranked #2 and #1 in the AP poll. And I got new boots.

Oh, and I saw this sign:
(It says "Slow adults at play") (I've seen this sign a thousand times before) (Just never taken a picture)



I should probably do a post on just the boots.... Hmmmm.

8 comments:

  1. Yeah! You're back! I'm so happy. I've been so worried! I know whatever has been going on has not been easy, so I'm proud of you for not letting it get you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you put Saban a liiiittle too high on the priority list chick... War Eagle!!!
    Happy Blogging

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Mama B...Saban and JESUS?!?!?

    War Eagle!

    (And don't you find it hilarious that you needed boots - I am assuming they are warm ones - for a football game in Alabama in OCTOBER? Surreal.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah!! Welcome back! I've been looking for a post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you're back too. Even if you don't want to stay, I really like you...as cheesy as that may sound. I do.

    So yeah, I loved reading this.

    The End.

    (P.S. This post was hilarious)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see you back, dumb question how do I get Blogher to advertise on me blog?

    ReplyDelete
  7. AVoice - One a many moon ago, I contacted BlogHer via their website to inquire about ad space on my site. I received an auto-generated email response saying that they were not currently accepting any new blogs for ad space but they'd "keep me on file".
    THEN, about 4-6 months later, I received a random email saying I had been approved. I believe they watch your traffic for a few months before accepting you. Who knows.
    Try blogher.com !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two words.....ROLL TIDE!

    Also, I am from Bham as well and just started a new site called Birmingham Mom Online. You can check it out here. http://birminghammomonline.net.

    ReplyDelete

Comments! I LOVE Comments!

I Blog For...

BirminghamMommy