03 December 2009

Reasons I'm Glad I Don't Have A Girl

Because I would vomit daily if every single new game or toy we owned was pink.

Might I present my case?











Now bear with me for a minute...


BUT WHY IN THE ACTUAL i(**%%@)p#(&*($@()!@_#*$*&^@ DO YOUR DAUGHTERS NEED PINK BOARD GAMES? I MEAN... WHAT IS THE FREAKING PURPOSE OF MAKING THEM THINK THAT EVERYTHING IS HAPPY AND FLUFFY AND PRETTY AND SPARKLY AND CUSTOMIZED JUST FOR THEM AND ALL THINGS IN THIS WORLD ARE FOR PRINCESSES AND FAIRY TALES?

AND IS THAT LAST ONE... THE OUIJA BOARD FOR YOUR PRECIOUS LITTLE PRINCESS WITCH? OR IS IT SO SHE CAN USE HER PRETTY PINK EVIL BOARD TO ENTICE ALL THE COOL KIDS OVER TO HER HOUSE AND THEN SACRIFICE THEM TO WHATEVER IT IS WITCHES WORSHIP?

SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS OR WHY THEY WOULD EVEN PURCHASE ALL PINK EVERYTHING SO I CAN STOP TYPING IN CAPS.

ALSO, PLEASE EXPLAIN THE GENERAL CONCEPT OF MAKING EVERYTHING IN FRICKIN PINK AND DON'T GO ON JUST A OUIJA BOARD RANT. WE'VE ALL HEARD IT.


THANKS.

8 comments:

  1. My girl likes blue and purple. Pink makes me vomit as well- tolerated only in small doses. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea how pink was somehow determined to be the "girl color."

    I personally am okay with a little pink. But all those pink toys you posted? Yikes. I don't think I could deal with a roomful of that nauseating hue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good point....who knows! I mean, we like pink and stuff around here...but I guess you could say we keep it to a minimum.....usually only to distinguish between the kids toys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. plus our (girls and i) favorite color around here is purple... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I HATE PINK. I am beyond thrilled that I, too, only have boys.

    But I do wear pink as it pertains to breast cancer awareness...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I grew out of pink around age 8 and never looked back. (But then, I'm a redhead, who notoriously look terrible in pink.) I was not quite anti-pink when I found out I was having a girl, but much preferred other options.
    Until she actually arrived.
    And she looks FABULOUS in pink.
    So she wears a lot of pink. But also purple, blue, brown, black and white.
    But I draw the line at Pink board games. I might be persuaded to buy the playing cards, but only for reasons of keeping packs separate (as I might buy them if they came in green or purple, etc.)
    And do not get me started on the pink ouija board.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it funny to know that early in the last century, pink was reserved for boys only. As a milder shade of red, it was seen as a masculine color for yound boys. Girls were traditionally garbed in baby blue or sky blue. This was only after the addition of color to daily wear, prior to that children were dressed in white, black, brown or grey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SOOO TRUE! Even though Pink is a personal all time fave. of mine! haha I would blame it on our economy...! It's def. a marketing tool. I am TOTALLY guilty of buying something...JUST BECAUSE IT WAS PINK. no lie. LOL If I see something that has been on the shelves for YEARS and all of sudden it's made into pink fabulousness It's getting thrown in the buggy...no question. LOL soo there's my reasoning for the pink madness! :o) (Here's an example...I once bought a TUB of Folgers coffee once because they put it in a pink canister...AND it was to help Breast Cancer Awareness and Ed..I'm a sucker for that too..lol but still..IT WAS PINK!)

    ReplyDelete

Comments! I LOVE Comments!

I Blog For...

BirminghamMommy