11 December 2009

In Which I Make Panda Cupcakes and Go Insane and Get Off-Topic for the 4 Millionth Time.

Seriously? Did I only post once this week? WTF?

I think I am a little frantic this week and I only realized it last night. Chase's birthday party is next Saturday and then Christmas is the following Thursday/Friday. I have no idea why we didn't count ahead 38+ weeks when we decided to have Chase. Life's Lessons from Amanda #98347583459: If you are considering having a child, calculate their expected due date from expected time of conception or you may end up with a baby due on Christmas (see: Chase Alexander).

As of last night, I officially committed to making Chase's panda cupcakes from scratch (see: store bought icing, possibly homemade cake mix) ALL  BY MY LONESOME. Here's my "template":



OMG I KNOW! Aren't they adorable and edible and then more adorable?

You are probably wondering why I am doing a panda theme for a soon-to-be-2-yr-old...boy.... And the answer is simple: Chase is freaking obsessed with all things "pandy".


He has a stuffed panda (affectionatly known as "Pandy") that he sleeps with at night. It's honestly a cheap, horrible feeling, dirty, 8-inch tall panda bear that came as  "freebie" with another toy (one that cost unheard of amounts of money and the boys never touch. go figure.) (which of course means that 'Pandy' is basically irreplaceable). On Ni Hao, Kai Lan, Chase is exceptionally partial to Tolee, a koala bear that wishes he were a panda.

When I began my search for Chase's theme, I was torn between a few things - dinosaurs ("rawrs"), Diego, trucks (his fav.. we probably own around 200 trucks, cars, vans, etc) and a panda theme.

I ruled out Diego because he makes me want to hurl.

Then I ruled out trucks because I don't see this obsession dying off any time soon, so I can always use it later and I believe the same thing applies to dinosaurs.

It was settled - 'Pandy' it would be. It is my last chance for a "baby" party (doubtful Chase would let me throw him a panda bear party for any of his "big boy" parties...). I googled panda cakes, he loved them, and that was it.

I typically don't make the boys' cakes (and by "typically", I mean "never"). I get them from Publix and have always been impressed with the taste (last year's duck cake was a little "meh" if you ask me, but it taste amazing).

So yes, blahblablah. Amanda = baking. I'm sure I'll want to murder my face off and just buy a pre-made sheet cake in the end, but heck... if they turn out, it will be awesomesauce. OMG I THINK I KNOW THE RECIPE FOR 'AWESOMESAUCE' NOW!! IT IS COMPRISED OF PANDA CUPCAKES AS SEEN ABOVE. Knew that recipe would come to me someday.

Oh wait. Wasn't this entry about how I am busy?

I have a special post to benefit Children's Hospital of Alabama next week. You guys are going to have so much fun making me broke!! (you'll see)

Conner is wrapping up school next week for the semester. Lots of preschool pictures for that one I might or might not get around to posting.

Oh, and Christmas. OH! And the things I have won off Twitter because A) I'm obsessed with Twitter and B) I'm obsessed with Twitter. 

I just made a blogging to-do list. You guys better hold me to this.

5 comments:

  1. Did you know there are actually books based on a little panda named Pandy...? My three year olds love them. I would tell you the author, but I'm at my parents' house for the holidays already. I bet your son would love the books, though!

    Laura
    SeaBirdChronicles.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. GIVE ME THE FUKEN RECIPE THAT SHIT IS SO CUTE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure where you are getting your info, but good topic. I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more. Thanks for fantastic info I was looking for this information for my mission.

    Here is my blog: Amazing Car Boat Clip

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous02 June, 2013

    Howdy! Do you know if they make any plugins
    to protect against hackers? I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard on.

    Any recommendations?

    Feel free to visit my webpage: Password Cracker

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous03 June, 2013

    Wonderful beat ! I wish to apprentice while
    you amend your site, how can i subscribe for a weblog site?
    The account helped me a acceptable deal. I have been a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered shiny transparent concept

    Look into my site ... crack passwords

    ReplyDelete

Comments! I LOVE Comments!

I Blog For...

BirminghamMommy