Yeah... so... it's not very nice of me to post a Quick Takes on Sunday, when it's technically supposed to be a Friday thing, BUT... I had GOOD REASON. On Thursday, some amazing friends of ours visited our house for an entire 48 hours with their 3 small (and adorable!) children. So, I've been busy having tons of fun (and recovering), and am just getting around to blogging. Sorry!
Did I mention we had an amazing time? Yes, yes we did. Here's movie night minus Baby Lennon:
Now, we are in Operation: Have a Holiday weekend, which is going nicely... REST!
Do you know that I haven't blogged in like 4 or 5 days and that every day that I didn't blog, I thought about blogging or the lack of blogging? Do you know how much it bothered me that I didn't have new content on here? Is it sad that I felt BAD for people that came here and were all "dang, Amanda... where are you and what are you doing that is more important than feeding my blogging addiction/habit?" OR that you were thinking "ge'ez... she plugs away at this blogging thing 24/7, is she dead because otherwise, this is waaaay over rated..."
My sister-in-law's boyfriend and I are sitting here, in the family room, right this second debating.... Apple vs. PC. I am a long time Mac supporter - it runs better, it isn't exposed to viruses and malware like PCs (due to it's layered system), the graphics kick PCs rear-ends... etc etc.. and his argument? That PC people must know how to use a computer, that it requires more THINKING to USE the computer...
I say that a computer is a tool, and that no tool should need fixing - that negates the purpose of the tool if it needs to be fixed. A computer should be easy to use and run without having to "defrag this" and "update software that" or "DEAR SWEET JESUS WHY DO I NEED TO UPDATE MY VIRUS PROTECTION AGAIN?"
I currently use an HP (PC, obviously), but own an older Mac latop and sometimes? I get so fed up with all the "allow this?" and "DAMNIT WHY ISN"T THIS WORKING thats" that I fire up that 5-year-old thing and computer away.... It's just SO FRUSTRATING (thanks mom for the free computer!!!).
I digress.
I signed up for Wyzant.com which places qualified tutors' "profiles" on a site and allows those who need tutoring services to find the best match. I joined the site because A) I'd like extra cash and B) I've seen other similar tutoring sites before, but this is the first that actually tested me on the subject(s) I expressed interest in tutoring in. (Well done, Wyzant). I received my first tutor request this weekend, and surprisingly... I'm nervous. I need the money though... so...
I have about... err... (checking....) 3 drafts that need publishing... So this is me finishing my waaaay late quick takes and promising better content this week.
Have a wonderful (and safe) Memorial Day!
For more Quick Takes, head on over to Conversion Diary.

Finally! lol glad your still among the living!
ReplyDelete1. Missed your updates of late, but hope you had/are having fun!
ReplyDelete2. Love that bed - is that the boys' room? Very cool.
3. Glad you are enjoying your weekend.
5. Mac here, married to a PC geek and lost my Mac when I lost my job when the baby was born. Sigh. I miss it. Macs=far superior
Once you go Mac, you never go back...
ReplyDeleteThis is now my lifelong mantra.
My husband, too, is a PC geek (like nothing he develops is for Macs, so PCs ARE our livelihood, but I digress...) but he is very impressed with our MacBook.
I hope to upgrade this one (less than a year old) in a year or two so that I can pass this one on to my son (for homeschooling).